Saturday, June 17, 2017

Can I Overdo it on Ketones?

Now that I have surpassed my 60-day challenge, I've found that my body craves ketones, much like it did the coffee, tea, and carbs that used to rule my diet. I've introduced KETO//OS Max into my daily regimen, and Maui Punch is my flavor of choice, although some prefer the sweeter taste of Raspberry Lemonade.  I wasn't a sugar drinker in the past, meaning that I didn't drink sodas and preferred unsweetened tea; however, I've found that I can handle the "sweetness" of the fruity Maui Punch flavor the best.

But here's the thing with the Max line - it's stronger. So while I'm not literally running a marathon each day, my body is doing so internally. What that means is that if I drink the Maui Punch Max in the morning, I feel like I'm going to crash four to five hours later. So after lunch I drink the KETO//OS Orange Dream which provides that pick-me-up I need without making my body do the heavy-duty workout.

One of my major concerns was drinking too many ketones.  It makes sense that I need to keep up the water regiment daily. I have a Yeti knock-off, large cup with a metal straw which I highly recommend. At first I found that I had a hard time drinking enough water until I used a straw. Then I found the stainless steel metal straws on Amazon which are awesome, not to mention better for turtles. (Sidenote: did you know that disposable straws continually make the top-10 list for marine debris? ) But, again, could my body handle the double dose I was feeding it each day?

The answer for me was yes - watch this short video which explains further:




No comments:

Post a Comment